Stoody 31 is the most general purpose hardfacing electrode in Stoodys product line. It offers an excellent balance of abrasion resistance and impact strength, making it very versatile.
- Stoody® 31 is a tubular electrode with an extruded coating.
- Deposits have a low coefficient of friction and provide good resistance to corrosion and heat.
- The deposits are not machinable or forgeable.
- Weldability is excellent with slag coverage that is virtually self-removing.
- Stoody® 31 can be applied to carbon, low alloy, and manganese steels.
Typical Tensile Properties
|100-120 A||Full Range||3.2 mm (1/8 in.)|
|120-180 A||Full Range||4.0 mm (5/32 in.)|
|170-240 A||Full Range||4.8 mm (3/16 in.)|
|250-325 A||Full Range||6.4 mm (1/4 in.)|
Typical Weld Metal Analysis %
|3.0 %||27.0 %||BAL %||4.0 %|